[PHP-dev 45] Re: Two-Byte Regular Expressions

Yasuo Ohgaki php-dev@php.gr.jp
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:17:35 +0900

"Stephen Cremin" <asianfilmlibrary@mac.com> wrote in message
.
> I note that the latest build of PHP4 comes with Japanese string
support.
> Does this include support for two-byte regular expressions?  If yes,
does it
> also work with Chinese and Korean text?  If no, what other options
do I have
> without, for example, going through say JPerl or whatever?

mbstring module does not support multi-byte regex.

There is multi-byte encoding regular expression module called mbregex
which is not a std PHP extension. It probably works with
EUC-TW/EUC-KR.

ftp://night.fminn.nagano.nagano.jp/php4/

I don't use it lately, but I think it comes with Japanese instruction
only.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki